- Nordic Council Logo (Photo: http://www.norden.org/)
Collaboration between Nordic countries that includes:
- EU countries: Finland, Sweden and Denmark.
- Non-EU, EFTA countries: Iceland and Norway.
- Greenland which left the EU after a referendum in 1982 and has had an OCT agreement with the EU since 1985.
- The Faeroe Islands, which have special status as inside Denmark but outside the EU. The Faeroe Islands applied for membership of EFTA in 2006.
- The Aaland Islands, which belong to Finland. The Aaland Islands are a part of the EU, but have a special duty free status.